Top One Liners From the 2012 Edinburgh Fringe Festival
The top jokes were:
1. Stewart Francis - "You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks."
2. Tim Vine - "Last night me and my girlfriend watched three DVDs back to back. Luckily I was the one facing the telly. "
3. Will Marsh - "I was raised as an only child, which really annoyed my sister."
4. Rob Beckett - "You know you're working class when your TV is bigger than your book case."
5. Chris Turner - "I'm good friends with 25 letters of the alphabet… I don't know Y."
6. Tim Vine - "I took part in the sun tanning Olympics - I just got Bronze."
7. George Ryegold - "Pornography is often frowned upon, but that's only because I'm concentrating."
8. Stewart Francis - "I saw a documentary on how ships are kept together. Riveting!"
9. Lou Sanders - "I waited an hour for my starter so I complained: 'It's not rocket salad."
10. Nish Kumar - "My mum's so pessimistic, that if there was an Olympics for pessimism… she wouldn't fancy her chances."
Good Advice By Country
Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped. - African Proverb
When you go to buy, don't show your silver. - Chinese Proverb
If you have no money, be polite. - Danish Proverb
Write down the advice of him who loves you, though you like it not at present. - English Proverb
He who begins many things finishes but few. - German Proverb
Don't give cherries to a pig; don't give advice to a fool. - Irish Proverb
Never put your hand out farther than you can draw it back again. - Irish proverb
Fear the goat from the front, the horse from the rear, and the man from all sides. - Russian Proverb
Never advise any one to go to war or to marry. - Spanish Proverb
On my recent bike ride, we stopped at a pub in Denman, NSW for lunch. While standing near the bar, waiting for my chicken schnitzel and chips, an attractive lady passed by me, on her way to the bar. Seeing her, I was immediately reminded of our Runboard super mod, Erika. The lady in country NSW was so like Erika, that I wanted to take a picture of her. However, she was accompanied by a gentleman who, I suspect, would not take kindly to a photo request to his girlfriend/partner from a scruffy biker.
So, sadly, all I have is a grainy, out-of-focus picture taken from my iPhone at a distance. I guess it's a bit like one of those Yeti photos - never clear or close enough to be conclusive. The wannabe Erika is in the top to middle right of the shot, with her back turned to the camera.
]--Log in or sign up to see linked image content--
2012 Annual Ride
This year's destination was Moonan Flat and the weather forecast was wet, with floods. Not a great lead up to the weekend but ten of us set out in medium drizzle at 8am on the Saturday. The light rain stayed with us all morning but disappeared around noon. There was still water across a couple of sections of road, but nothing uncrossable. By the time we reached the destination pub, the roads were dry and the rain just a memory.
The locals were very friendly, the beer was very cold and we had a great night.
On Sunday, we left in glorious sunshine, which stayed with us until late in the afternoon.
It was one of the best ride weekends so far. :)